RAVE: Whole Foods

I stepped foot in this store for the first time last Sunday (to buy the beets). Let me just say, it was BEAUTIFUL. Every fruit or vegetable I have ever looked for could be found here. And not only could it be found, but it looked healthy!


But what really got me was that it was the first mainstream grocery store to carry a fully ripe plaintain. I was in heaven. I went home and fried-me-up some plaintain. It had been way too long since I'd had some. So good...so, so, good.

(For those of you who haven't yet been introduced to the wonderful world of plaintains, the pic below shows you what it looks like before it's peeled, sliced, and fried...and the last pic is the final delicious product!)




The marketing team over at Whole Foods did a great job putting that store together. The entire experience got me and I can't WAIT to shop there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment