RAVE: Jillian

If you're like me, you'd much rather be outside exercising than being cooped up inside doing a work-out DVD. Well, when you get home at o'dark thirty every night, it makes exercising outside a little challenging...and the cold and snow doesn't help either!

After trying a few DVDs, I have found a favorite! Jillian Michaels 30-Day shred. The DVD is broken into 3 levels of workouts 20-minutes each. I don't know about you, but it's a lot easier to convince myself to do a 20-minute workout than 45 minutes like most at-home workouts.

For those skeptics out there thinking, "Can a 20-minute work-out really be that effective?" I say, ABSOLUTELY! Now, it's not because I've seen the results (that would require consistency). Had I been a bit more faithful (and ate a few less brownies), I have no doubt that I would be looking like Jillian today. She kicks your butt.

But I must admit, as quick and effective as the workout is, the boredom factor is still there (thus the lack of consistency). But last week, I had a brilliant idea! I'll play the DVD on my laptop while watching whatever show on tv that will keep my mind off of my burning muscles and heavy breathing. It worked beautifully! I've been able to convince myself to work-out much more consistently. If you have a laptop - I highly recommend this method of exercise.

I'll keep you posted on the "results." And trust me, there's work to do. I'm starting to grow out of my fat-pants (more on that later!). But with Jillian's help, I'm sure I'll get there in no-time. She's crazy tough. She even freaks out Izzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment